In this article, I will try to include some of the most common HTML interview questions with their answers.
1. What is HTML?
- HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language.
- It is a markup language used to create web pages and applications for the World Wide Web.
2. What is the difference between HTML and XHTML?
- HTML and XHTML are both markup languages used to create web pages. However, XHTML is a stricter and more standardized version of HTML, and follows the rules of XML.
- XHTML requires all tags to be closed and all attributes to be quoted, whereas HTML does not have these requirements.
3. What are the basic tags in HTML?
- Basic HTML tags include
<html>, <head>, <title>, <body>, <p>, <a>, <img>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>, <table>, <tr>, <td>, <th>, <form>, <input>, <select>, <option>, <button>, and <div>.
4. What is the difference between a div and a span?
<div>tag is a block-level element used to group other HTML elements together into a container.
<span>tag is an inline element used to apply styles to specific portions of text.
5. What is the difference between an inline element and a block-level element?
- Inline elements are elements that do not start on a new line, and only take up as much width as necessary.
- Block-level elements are elements that start on a new line and take up the full width of their parent container.
6. What is the purpose of the alt attribute in an image tag?
- The alt attribute provides alternative text for an image, which is displayed if the image cannot be loaded or if the user is using a screen reader.
7. What is the purpose of the title attribute in an anchor tag?
- The title attribute provides additional information about the link, which is displayed as a tooltip when the user hovers over the link.
8. What is the purpose of the rel attribute in a link tag?
- The rel attribute specifies the relationship between the linked document and the current document, and is used by search engines and other tools to understand the context of the link.
9. What is the difference between the HTML meta tag and the HTML link tag?
<meta>tag is used to provide additional information about the web page, such as the author, description, and keywords.
<link>tag is used to link to external resources, such as stylesheets or scripts.
10. What is the purpose of the HTML form tag?
<form>tag is used to create a form on a web page, which allows users to submit data to a server.
11. What is the difference between a post and a get method in HTML forms?
- The post method submits the form data to the server in the body of the HTTP request, while the get method submits the form data as URL parameters in the query string.
12. What is the purpose of the HTML table tag?
<table>tag is used to create a table on a web page, which can be used to display data in an organized and structured manner.
13. How do you make a table responsive in HTML?
- To make a table responsive in HTML, you can use CSS to set the table’s width to 100% and apply responsive design techniques, such as using media queries and adjusting the font size and layout for smaller screens.
14. What is the purpose of the HTML canvas tag?
15. What is the purpose of the HTML video tag?
<video>tag is used to embed video content on a web page, and provides controls for playback and volume.
That’s all, now you have good knowledge about the most common HTML questions being asked in interviews.
You can find & contact me on LinkedIn, GitHub, and Facebook, and here is my portfolio for more details about me.